In the times that we are living in with so many demands and responsibilities, it is imperative that we take time to rest throughout the week. We are almost done with 2016, and every year time flies by faster than ever. Although time is decreasing, tasks, bills, and stress are incrementing. I’ve seen a lot of people fall into depression, anxiety, and sicknesses because of stress. Even God Almighty rested on the seventh day after creating the world to show us the importance of rest. He didn’t have to rest because he was God, but he did it so that he can enjoy what he had created. The same reason, God wants us to rest so that we can reflect back on what we have done, and get new strategies and ideas so that we can be more fruitful and more productive!
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” — Matthew 11:28-29
What happens when we rest?
- We are physically awake. When we are not resting, we can be working but our minds are asleep, and we can be awake but mentally asleep.
- We get to enjoy what we have done. When we are working intensively we are not resting at all, giving birth to bad attitudes, behaviors, and way of thinking.
- We receive fresh ideas. Our mind is at rest, and we are not mentality focused on meeting demands, deadlines, and bills. This gives way for new opportunities to rise and for us to capitalize on them.
- We are strengthened. We are empowered to do more in our lives, and we don’t feel inferior or trapped in a cycle.
- We make better decisions. When we are stressed, we will make decisions based on worry, fear, and anxiety. But when we are resting, we will make better decisions because we are focused, and we are not fearful, or constantly negative.
I declare if you are reading this that you are free from any stress, anxiety, worry, or fear!