Since the beginning of my walk with God, there have been songs that have stuck close to my heart. Worship is essential to the life of every believer. It demonstrates our love and passion for God. It is the bridge between just believing in him and acknowledging him as an all creating God, to knowing him and personally having a relationship with him. The ones that practice worship are filled with passion and fire for God. Those that don’t are merely just believers that don’t take seriously what Jesus did on the cross for us.
The following is a list of the top 10 worship songs that have caused a transformation in my heart. As I’ve listened to these songs, eternal encounters come into my mind and my soul. This is why I love worship, and I’ll forever love these songs.
- Set a Fire by United Pursuit Band
- Fill me up by United Pursuit
- How He Loves by David Crowder
- Arms Wide Open by Misty Edwards
- Obsession by Jesus Culture
- Heart Won’t Stop/ Stand by Me by John Mark McMillan
- Come to the River by Housefires
- You’re Beautiful by Phil Wickham
- How Great is our God by Hillsong Worship
- You are by Eric Lopez
- Pursuit by Kim Walker-Smith
- I Just Want You More by William Matthews
I believe that worship is essential to our walk with God. It gives us life, and it allows us to express the way we feel toward him. In our problems, weaknesses, and struggles, we are able to seek him and pursue him. All of these songs have impacted me in a mighty and powerful way, and I pray that it does the same to you!